Our Institutions are Highly Regarded
- The Chronicle of Higher Education‘s 2018 Almanac ranks University of Hawaii at Hilo as the most diverse four-year public university in the United States; three other UH campuses also ranked in top 10: #3 UH Maui College, #4 UH West O‘ahu, and #6 UH Mānoa.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education‘s 2018 Almanac ranks UH Community Colleges as the top six most diverse two-year public institutions in the nation. Hawaiʻi CC ranked number one followed by Windward CC, Kauaʻi CC, Leeward CC, Honolulu CC and Kapiʻolani CC.
- One of only 3 schools awarded the Healthy School Award in 2017 for its mission to promote healthful, place-based learning on a site with access to 80 percent of the world’s ecosystems (Hawai‘i Preparatory Academy).
- Top 1.5% University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa is consistently ranked among the top 1.5% of nearly 24,000 universities in the world!
- Global Village Received the Excellence Award 2019 (LanguageCourse S.L.).
- One of only 32 institutions in the nation to hold the unique distinction of being a land, sea, and space grant research institution (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- The Kahuawaiola Indigenous Teacher Education Program at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo is the first teacher education program in the world to receive accreditation from the World Indigenous Nations Higher Education Consortium.
First university in the world with the distinction of building and launching satellites into space (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).
- Ranked as one of the 20 most innovative law schools in the country according to the U.S. News & World Report (The William S. Richardson School of Law, UHM).
- Geriatric medicine program ranks 18th in the nation and its rural medicine program ranks 22nd according to U.S. News & World Report (The John A. Burns School of Medicine, UHM).
- Ranked 12th for international business and top 25% overall for its undergraduate business program according to U.S. News & World Report (Shidler College of Business).
- The Physics & Astronomy department is ranked in the top 12 in the U.S. (University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa).